John Bradshaw trading as Hike South East will only use the information that you provide about yourself for the purpose of fulfilling its part of the booking, ensuring that the walk or event is carried out safely. We do not store credit or debit card or other payment device details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. You can correct any information about yourself, or ask for information about you to be deleted, by giving written notice to John Bradshaw trading as Hike South East by phone / text or at the email address detailed below.
Data Protection Officer: John Bradshaw
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:-
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Records of your interactions with us
- Medical declaration information
- Feedback from activities
- Emergency contact details
- Photographs & videos
- Details of your visits to our website
How do we collect your data?
You supply us directly with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:-
- Communicate with us, including by email & phone, to enquire about and purchase our services
- Complete a mandatory disclaimer & medical declaration form
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:-
- Process your order and manage your interaction with us
- Email you with information about our events
- Communicate with you and to provide information about the services you have enquired about
- Administer bookings and attendance at activities
- Deal with medical needs/specific requirements
- Support the safe delivery of our activities
- Provide and manage access to our website and monitor use, and manage the content of our website and marketing
- Promote our services
- Respond to and manage queries or complaints
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data on a computer which is password protected.
We will keep your personal data for seven years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data or we may make your information anonymous and keep it for analysis of participation trends.
We would like to send you information about services of ours that we think you might like.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please let us know by e-mail or phone / text.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:-
- The right to access– You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com or call / text us at: 07592374773
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:-
- Functionality –we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data:-
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How to contact us
Email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Or text / call us: 07592374773
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Call: 0303 123 1113